The underground river cave at Mt Buffalo is a horizontal boulder infill type cave, some 350 metres long. Groups normally only travel the first 150 metres or so. It has a number of ‘coward’ exit routes. There is an active stream in the cave and when water levels are moderate, there are numerous rapids and waterfalls to challenge you. This cave is wet and cold with tight squeezes and slippery rocks. It’s all crawling and squeezing and teamwork.
What to wear:
1. Thermal underwear and or warm synthetic clothes such as an old track suit (not cotton) or fleece clothing (long trousers and long sleeves) as the underground river can be a cold cave. Definitely not jeans or anything cotton – wool is fine!
2. Sturdy runners or boots with enclosed toes (Sports sandals are not acceptable)
3. Medication as required (such as an asthma puffer)
4. A full change of shoes and clothing and a towel for when you finish the cave as we will get very wet!
5. A plastic bag for wet and dirty clothing at the end of the Adventure.
6. Cameras are not recommended unless they are waterproof and tolerate some knocking about.
7. Assumption of risk form will need to be completed on arrival.
7 people are attending Caving 1 – explore the underground river – Get A Grip of the Grind Festival