Burston’s Crevasse at Mt Buffalo is a horizontal boulder infill type ravine, some 400 metres long and descending about 150 metres into the main Gorge. We squeeze through holes – descend steep slopes – crawl through and into caves – use ropes and steel wire ladders to climb and have great fun as you get up close and personal with the granite rock of the region. The views of the Alps and the cliffs are magnificent throughout this experience. A much drier version of the underground river caving experience it will still test your mental aptitude and push your comfort zone.
What to wear:
1. Clothing appropriate to the weather conditions. We recommend loose long trousers or full length sports leggings – definitely not your best pair.
2. Sturdy runners or boots with enclosed toes (Sports sandals are not acceptable).
3. Medication as required (such as an asthma puffer).
4. Cameras are not recommended unless they tolerate some knocking about.
5. Assumption of risk form will need to be completed on arrival.